Everyone loves to snack, me ESPECIALLY. One thing that I struggle with is finding snacks that are easy and considered healthy. I have 10 quick and easy snacks to share with you all and think you would thoroughly enjoy them. Some of these are simple and may have tried them, but many have a twist!
- Jam Yogurt – 1 tbsp of jam (any flavor) with 1 container of nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Hummus Deviled Eggs – Cut boiled eggs in half and discard yolk. Add 2 tsp of hummus to each half and a sprinkle of paprika (optional)
- String Cheese – Part skim, mozzarella Cheese. Eat these plain or you can dip them into warm marinara sauce
- Crispy Pumpkin Seeds – Toast pumpkin seeds in the shell and sprinkle with paprika or you can eat them plain
- Celery with Cream Cheese – Spread 1 tbsp of low-fat cream cheese on celery stalks
- Chocolate Chip Delight – For those with a sweet tooth, mix 1 tbsp of semisweet chocolate chips (dark and/or white chocolate) with 6 oz of nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- Peanut Butter and Apples – Slice an apple and serve with 1 tbsp of natural peanut butter (you can use any nut or seed butter)
- Parmesan Fries – Heat oven up to 450 degrees F. Coat eggplant sticks with whole wheat panko bread crumbs, grated Parmesan, garlic powder, salt, black pepper and olive oil. On a nonstick foil-lined baking sheet, bake them for 20 minutes at 450 degrees F until they are golden brown and tender.
- Edamame – Sprinkle a pinch of Asian seasoning on 1 cup of steamed edamame
- Cinnamon Popcorn – Sprinkle 2 tsp of ground cinnamon and 1 tsp of confectioner’s sugar on 4 cups of air-popped popcorn
Please let me know if you try any of these! It can be difficult staying healthy if you’re a snacker but if they are healthy snacks you enjoy it can be easier.