Okay ladies, so sometimes you need a break and you are absolutely tired of your hair! Lately, my go to style has been flexi rod and perm rod sets! I swear by them! Mine come out a bit different every time and I love experimenting with different size rods. They were really trial and error for me at first. So don’t get discouraged!
I would watch tutorials and see these products they’d use and try it, but my hair would never dry! That can be a headache, especially if you’re rushing to work. Sometimes if my hair did dry, it would dry crunchy, which is my ultimate pet peeve. I mean, who wants crunchy hair? Right—no one! It also would make it difficult to separate the curls. So I put these products together and did a flexi rod set on dry elongated hair. Check it out!
1. I first made sure my hair was fully picked out. This can make it easy to accomplish smooth curls and roots.
2. I then lightly applied the avocado oil on my scalp and then on my hair, but don’t drench it! You don’t want your hair greasy.
3. Next I separated my hair into four sections and then began to individually separate smaller sections for the flexi rods.
4. This time I used the purple and orange flexi rods, but I’ve done this without mixing.
5. I applied the Crème of Nature Argan Oil “Butter-licious Curls” cream, followed by the ORS Olive Oil “Smooth-N-Hold Pudding” (I’ll post full reviews on these products soon!)
6. I rolled each flexi rod from end to root, tucking my ends at the start.
7. After I completely rolled my entire head, I let it air dry overnight.
8. The next morning, I took them down with the avocado oil on my fingers to decrease frizz.
That’s it! It’s that simple. I prefer letting my hair dry overnight because I don’t put a lot of heat on my hair. Had I done this style on wet hair, I would have sprayed it with a heat protectant and only sat under my hooded dryer for 20 – 30 minutes to allow the style to set. Then I’d allow it to air dry for the remainder of the night.
I hope you all accomplish beautiful soft curls with this style! Let me know if you have any questions!