Well ladies, it’s almost here… Valentine’s Day. It’s another single gal’s Valentine’s Day for me and I’m not too mad about it. I decided to use this “holiday” to reflect on the beautiful friendships that I have cultivated and the self-love that I learned to gain over time. Although I don’t have a have significant other or Valentine at the moment, I still respect this holiday for what I believe it was meant to be, people spreading love and light. Also, it’s not the end of the world if you don’t have a bae.
Last year, I traveled to Atlanta to visit a close girlfriend for a traditional Galentine’s Day Weekend, but this year I’m trying something different. I’m staying local to #treatmyself. So I thought it would be fun to come up with a single girl’s gift guide for the girl trying to survive Valentine’s Day and to escape from the societal expectation of having a significant other.
Ladies, none of these things will lead you to finding a date or a man. These items and things to do on Valentine’s Day & Valentine’s Day Weekend, are to honor you. I’m sure you could do that for one day! Let’s treat ourselves, shall we?
See a few of my favorite things that I love to pamper myself with, below.
Goodies for Your Face and Body
L’Occitane En Provence Almond Oil
This almond oil is my go-to for pampering myself at the beginning of the day. With 50 percent almond oil, naturally rich in omega 6, and camelina oil, rich in omega 3, the Almond Smoothing and Beautifying Supple Skin Oil helps my skin feel nourished and loved.
Philosophy Take A Deep Breath Moisturizer
I absolutely love this godsend of a moisturizer! Every time I wash my face with it, I’m breathing new life into my skin. It diffuses oxygen to give the skin a healthy glow while caffeine helps detoxify and decongest.
Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream Perfume
I happen to adore Marc Jacobs and everything he creates, especially his perfect dream perfume. The scent includes top notes of blackberry, grapefruit, and pear. The heart notes are introduced with a bouquet of jasmine and lychee. The chic glass bottle is with laced daisies and adorned with gold hues and daisy accents.
Ideas to Treat Yourself
- Buy yourself your favorite flowers: I happen to love pink roses, but any flower could make you feel special and appreciated.
- Book a spa appointment: Sometimes you just need to take a deep breath and fully unwind. Splurge on you without giving it a second thought.
- Mani & Pedi: Need I say more? It’s nothing quite like getting a fresh pedicure and manicure!
- Read your favorite book: Unplug from social media and dive into your favorite book. You might even want to add a smoothing candle and some tea.
- Call a girlfriend and plan a Galentine’s moment: Having quality time with your girls is crucial during this time. Girlfriends should always be supportive and there for you if you need a shoulder to cry on or simply want to rejoice in your singlehood.
- Watch your favorite movie: Pop some popcorn, gather the snacks and stay in your apartment to watch your favorite movie.
- Shopping spree: I personally won’t be doing much shopping this year, but more power to you if you want to throw some bands for a Katie Spade bag or new Victoria Secret underwear. Do you!
- Enjoy your favorite bottle of wine: My girlfriend recently dropped off this amazing bottle of Chateau St. Jean Bijou, Rosé. Get you some quality wine, girl. It works wonders.
Most of all, remember to love and honor yourself today, you always deserve it!
Share with me your Single Gal Valentine’s Guide tips, below!